MIRAI’s mission is to create workspaces that enhance the well-being of individuals and the businesses. Two professional design firms, each with its unique strength, teamed up as a business alliance to carry out this mission.
MIRAI’s proud founding members are MG ARCHITECTS NYC, PLLC and PENGUIN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN L.L.C.Together, we provide three branches of “Space for Well-being” services, architecture/interior design, landscape design, and consultation.
MG ARCHITECTS NYC, PLLC
MG ARCHITECTS NYC PLLC is a New York-based Multi-disciplinary architectural design firm serving the New York area and overseas. Its extensive experiences have allowed it to offer Eco-friendly, LEED (Leadership Energy and Environmental Design), and sustainable distinctive design solutions to a great variety of challenging programs and requirements.
Mike M. Suzuki established his office after working at SOM (Skidmore Owings and Merrill) Architectural firm in New York, where he directed the designs of notable projects, Office buildings, Hotels, Shopping malls for ten years. He received a design award from the New York Developers Association.
The Certification of National Council of Architectural Registration Board.
Licensed Architects in the U.S. and Japan.
- Building Design- Office towers, Mixed-use Towers, Residential, Hotels, Shopping malls, Sport facilities
- Interior Design – Office, Retail, Residential spaces.
- Urban Development Planning
- Feasibility study and research
- Sigma Corporation Head Office (Islip, New York)
- Haworth Country Club House (New Jersey)
- Lippo Plaza Mixed-use Tower (Shanghai, China)
- LG Department Store (Korea)
- Sogo Department Store (Wuhan, China)
- Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations (New York)
- Japan External Trade Relations Organization JETRO (New York)
- KDDI America. Inc. (New York)
- Nikkei America, Inc. (New York)
- Suntory International Corp. (New York)
- Mizuho Data Center, Inc. (New Jersey)
- Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ (New York)
- Marubeni Corporation Data Center (NJ)
- Research on greening in the US requested by the Japanese Ministry of Land Infrastructure Transport Tourism.
- American Urban Greening Development, written by Mike Suzuki, was published in the Landscape and Urban Green Infrastructure.
PENGUIN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN L.L.C.
PENGUIN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN (PED) is a professional landscape and architectural design firm with unique design philosophy of the outside in. PED provides MIRAI the expertise in landscape architecture and the latest knowledge on space for well-being and mindfulness.
PED designs place from the outside in, the idea of creating visual and physical conversations between either sides of a building surface. PED also employs its knowledge on Japanese spatial concepts especially for people’s well-being and mindfulness. PED is based in Connecticut and New York, but also active in Japan. It was first founded in Osaka, Japan, in 2001 and then in Connecticut in 2008. Yoko Kawai, PhD, and Takaya Kurimoto, ASLA, are its principals who brought their extensive experience in residential, commercial, and landscape projects to the company. Yoko is Lecturer at Yale School of Architecture and is a registered architect in Japan. Takaya is a registered landscape architect in the United States with unique knowledge and experience in Japanese gardens.
- Second place, CTC&G Innovation in Design Award, 2015
- Finalist, Windscape Competition, Boston Society of Architects, 2006
- Finalist, Northern Osaka Station Area International Concept Competition, 2003
- Japanese garden, Frost Valley YMCA, New York
- A House That Connects, Connecticut
- The H.A. Café, Connecticut
- Interior Japanese Garden, Yale University Art Gallery
- Connecticut Cottages & Gardens, July/August 2015
- Delta Sky Magazine, September 2014
- Japan Society, New York
- New York Botanical Garden