MIRAI’s mission is to create workspaces that enhance the well-being of individuals and the businesses. Two professional design firms, each with its unique strength, teamed up as a business alliance to carry out this mission.
MIRAI’s proud founding members are MG ARCHITECTS NYC, PLLC and PENGUIN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN L.L.C.Together, we provide three branches of “Space for Well-being” services, architecture/interior design, landscape design, and consultation.
MG ARCHITECTS NYC is a New York based multi-disciplinary architectural design firm, established in 1988. MG ARCHITECTS brings MIRAI many years of experience designing office interiors and buildings in the Greater New York Area.
MG ARCHITETS practices planning, building design, and interior design for developers and corporate clients. Its extensive experiences have allowed it to offer distinctive design solutions to a great variety of challenging programs and requirements. Its approach and design philosophy is to respond to clients’ needs and wishes to ensure the project feasibility by maximizing its potential. MG’s founder, Mike Suzuki, is a registered architect both in the United States and in Japan. He has long and wide practicing experience in the multi-cultural setting. In addition to the commercial buildings and interiors, Mike has designed residential towers, shopping center projects, and mixed-use projects with hotels and sports facilities.
- Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations (New York)
- Japan External Trade Relations Organization (New York)
- KDDI America, Inc. (New York)
- Nikkei America, Inc. (New York)
- Suntory International Corp. (New York)
- Mizuho Bank London Branch (U.K.)
- Sigma Corporation (Islip, New York)
- Haworth Country Club House (New Jersey)
- SH Grace Tech. Co. (Shanghai, China)
Yukiguni Maitake Plant (Sullivan Co., New York)
PENGUIN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN (PED) is a professional landscape and architectural design firm with unique design philosophy of the outside in. PED provides MIRAI the expertise in landscape architecture and the latest knowledge on space for well-being and mindfulness.
PED designs place from the outside in, the idea of creating visual and physical conversations between either sides of a building surface. PED also employs its knowledge on Japanese spatial concepts especially for people’s well-being and mindfulness. PED is based in Connecticut and New York, but also active in Japan. It was first founded in Osaka, Japan, in 2001 and then in Connecticut in 2008. Yoko Kawai, PhD, and Takaya Kurimoto, ASLA, are its principals who brought their extensive experience in residential, commercial, and landscape projects to the company. Yoko is Lecturer at Yale School of Architecture and is a registered architect in Japan. Takaya is a registered landscape architect in the United States with unique knowledge and experience in Japanese gardens.
- Second place, CTC&G Innovation in Design Award, 2015
- Finalist, Windscape Competition, Boston Society of Architects, 2006
- Finalist, Northern Osaka Station Area International Concept Competition, 2003
- Japanese garden, Frost Valley YMCA, New York
- A House That Connects, Connecticut
- The H.A. Café, Connecticut
- Interior Japanese Garden, Yale University Art Gallery
- Connecticut Cottages & Gardens, July/August 2015
- Delta Sky Magazine, September 2014
- Japan Society, New York
- New York Botanical Garden